Valve prices and what a day.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:p What a day today, been in the G-Mex Manchester all afternoon converting pizza oven to LPG and servicing certifing three catering units whilst being entertained by The Manic Street Preachers, practising for tonites "GIG":cool: .

On the way home call from customer boiler wont fire, get there its a Glow worm :rolleyes: Pilot on, few tests and find GV to be faulty. So after dinner and a search on best man speaches, decided to look for a Honeywell V4700E, was shocked to find it ranging in price from £68+vat to £181+vat.

My usual parts supplier £97. Now surely the GV is the same no matter whos boiler it is being fitted on and the price shouldnt vary that much :eek:

Dont supose you have one on your well stocked van for £30 do you Bobbo :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
I would have thought £68 ish was about right. Were the most expensive 'brand name' manufacturers parts, but really just the same Craig?

Hi Dave, guesstimated the customer valve would be 70 to 100,ish and £40 fitted and tested. customer will be ok with £137.

Price variation from manufacturers is amazing, after all said and done its still the same HW gas valve :confused:

;)

BTW, yes that e-mail is the better halfs, though I have my own now but still cant send mail, to be honest I have never sent one. Got a group of friends for beer, curry and cards at the weekend. one of them is going to set it up for me. :D

Thanks for the e-mail ChrisR, nudge nudge wink wink :LOL: :LOL:

Managed to get valve cheaper and passed on saving to customer, they are well pleased.

Sponsored Links
Green button type, i can get you one for £40. If you can get to liverpool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back