Veka, eurocell or linear (HL plastics) - Which brand UPVC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I have had three quotes all at very similar prices for windows and doors throughout my house. Each company is using a different profile. I appreciate quality also depends on the fitter, but would appreciate feedback in terms of basic quality on the three specifications below:

1) HL plastics (linear profile)
All our Windows, Doors and Patios complies with part L Regulation.
70 mm and Multi chamber Liniar Profiles.
Multipoint locking system in doors.
Pilkington K Glass (low emission glass). High energy efficient Glass
Multi Security Locking in windows
Trickle vents as standard
Fensa registered co.
10 year insurance back guarantee.

2) eurocell profile
? A* Rated Energy Efficient Windows
? Eurocell UPVC White 70mm Ovolo Profile
? Internally Glazed
? UPVC external sills
? Trickle-vents to all windows
? Multipoint Yale Twin Cam locking system (BS EN 7950)
? Pilkington K and optifloat glass (BS EN 1279-2)
? Hermetically sealed units
? Argon Gas filled
? Thermal Swiss Spacer V
? Double glazed (4mm Pilkington K Optiwhite – 20mm Spacer – 4mm Pilkington OptiWhite)
? Toughened safety glass where applicable (BS EN 12150)

3) veka 58mm chamfered
Outer frame 50mm
155mm WELD cill
Alpha locking handles
Dgs frictiona stays (hinges)
Maco shoot bolts (some windows)
Glass- 4/20/4 sg ssv black argon gas 90%

Thanks

Kit

Sponsored Links
most frames can be a-rated but it depends on a few things, like the efficiency of the glass/ size of the upvc frame etc. number 2 seems like the most 'upgrades' for your money. make sure you definately get in writing that you are paying for an a rated product. Trickle vents arent neccesary unless the current windows already have vents. IMO they are for newer builds that are very well insulated etc. it depends on your house though

Sponsored Links
Most makes are pretty much the same. Its how they are put together and fitted that counts.

I use both Eurocell and Liniar as personally I think they look the best. Eurocell would be my top choice but they cost a little more than Liniar.

On the other hand although I don't think Veka look quite as nice I believe they vet the people they supply to. So in theory less chance of getting a cowboy firm.

Do you know anyone who has had windows fitted by these company's?

Thanks

I don't know anyone who had had them. I guess I could ask them to show me
Recent customer jobs?

Ive never been to keen on that as the y will just give you details for people they know will give a good review. Maybe if they have photos of jobs they have done and you could randomly ask to go see any of the jobs.

Can you not get recommendations from family/friends for any company's?

One good thing to ask would be if there fitters are employed or subs. In my opinion subs tend to throw windows in as they are only paid around £60 per window where as employed fitter tend to take more time.

Great I will ask about the fitters

Any more opinions in the spec from anyone?

If you get a rated you won't go wrong as long as they are fitted correctly as said

I'd go Eurocell from that list, bare in mind any door and windows with obscure glass won't achieve an A Rating, companies often "forget" to tell you this! It's all in the fitting!

How does eurocell compare to synseal legend 70? I have just had another quite for synseal

Legend 70 is pretty good, iirc its a copy of Rehau but has thicker stronger walls and has more chambers which allow it to reach an A rating, if your main concern is having an A rated window then all of the profiles you've listed are top of their game

I wish to make people aware of the problem I'm having with Liniar windows so they don't have to endure what I'm going through please see my post reguarding Liniar windows on this site

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back