Viessman Vitodens B2TB 35 combi boiler with built in storage sounds like thunder in the night!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I have the above boiler installed 7 years ago and out of warranty now as I missed the opportunity to extend it.
During the warranty it failed once with a burner lock out and a new probe was installed. It was serviced pre-covid but not during or since.
Recently we have been woken at night by noise from the boiler that can be described as thunder, somebody dragging a wheely bin about or similar. It only lasts for seconds then stops. It happens in the day too so is very hard to catch it happening. It happens when there is no demand from the hive so i assume it is topping up the storage of hot water?
The system works perfectly when needed, i just wish it wouldnt do this annoying exercise.
When it happens the pressure gauge wavers erratically in sympathy with the noise it makes.
The boiler has been vented to remove any air as it does sound like air trapped or trying to move. Radiators all vented too.
I am going to rig up a camera to catch it happening and will post a video here but meanwhile any suggestions or further questions are welcome. Meanwhile does anyone have the service menu password as there is a venting feature I would like to try? Many thanks and I hope mysteryman is viewing this question.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back