Vinyl Wrap peeling from Kitchen Cupboard Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Experts,
I have an ongoing problem with the vinyl wrap peeling from the edges of kitchen cabinet doors. The vinyl is wrapped over a chipboard base and I think it is impact adhesive bonded and not vacuum wrapped. I have tried to reattach using impact Adhesive as well as superglue. Neither attempt has succeeded and the peeling returns after a couiple of months.
The kitchen is about 9 years old.
Grateful for any advice short of ditching the kitchen 'er indoors would not stand for such a solution, but the pressure is on guys.
Many thanks,
David707

Sponsored Links
I dont know how sucessful it would be, but try reheating the vinyl on the edges using a steam iron. Make sure its hot and is producing plenty of steam then use a kitchen towel so as not to scorch the cupboard and press the iron against the corner. should remelt the glue and re attach, its probably become unattached because of the heat in the kichen, kettles, toasters, cookers, washing up etc.

Worth a crack, dont know how sucessful it will be now you have used superglue!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back