vivaro cuting out after 2000 revs in to limp mod please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my 2003 1.9dti vivaro gos in to limp mode after 2000 revs useuly between 50 and 70 mph the electronic light with scwiggly lines light up then goes in to limp home mode i have to turn it off and on again to carry on with my journey its driveing me mad i have so far in the last 2 weeks replaced the egr valve,the manifold pressior boost sensor and the mass air flow meter and its still doing the same iv rang the vauxhall dealers for addvice and they was a waste of time and ther price just to take a look at it take the p??s iused to love vavaros but im starting to hate the thing can any one please help if they have had the same trouble?

Sponsored Links
i used to have one mate but i hated it, i had the same problem i think it was the fuel sensor solonoid (cnt remember exactly what it was called)
but we had the same problem, but managed to get it fixed for free as i had just bought it.
just to be sure when sitting idol it doesnt "kangaroo" does it?

As the symptoms persist hopefully now you will have a fault code logged when you get it plugged in. Try a good private garage, small is usually good when looking for a reliable repair service.

Its only a faulty sensor or the wiring loom has a bad connection. Guessing I'd say its the crankshaft sensor, but thats only a guess.

Get it plugged in

As the symptoms persist hopefully now you will have a fault code logged when you get it plugged in. Try a good private garage, small is usually good when looking for a reliable repair service.

Its only a faulty sensor or the wiring loom has a bad connection. Guessing I'd say its the crankshaft sensor, but thats only a guess.

Get it plugged in
had it on 2 diagnostic maschines one said ther was no faults at all so i whent to another garage and it came up with the pressior boost sensor code so i replaced that and its still got the same problem gutted. been told off a guy this week to try repaceing the cranks shaft sensor so getting one on saterday they have them on the shelf for £28 so fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
i used to have one mate but i hated it, i had the same problem i think it was the fuel sensor solonoid (cnt remember exactly what it was called)
but we had the same problem, but managed to get it fixed for free as i had just bought it.
just to be sure when sitting idol it doesnt "kangaroo" does it?
no kangarooing it seems well you can drive round the towns and citys all day and you whoudent no ther was a problem in till you put your foot down, sometimes at can be at 50mph over times bang on 70mph geting a new crankshaft sensor on the weekend but i could just be wasteing more money but its worth a try.

i have a similar problem on a primastar :evil: it's started missing for a fraction of a second!! you can drive 100 miles and it wont miss or it can miss 2 or 3 times in 5 miles.Snap on diagnostic said it was cam sensor. still the same.Spending no more money on it just going to drive it till it stops

i have a similar problem on a primastar :evil: it's started missing for a fraction of a second!! you can drive 100 miles and it wont miss or it can miss 2 or 3 times in 5 miles.Snap on diagnostic said it was cam sensor. still the same.Spending no more money on it just going to drive it till it stops
put new crankshaft sensor on it this week and its l the same feel like beating it with my sledge hamer cant spend any more on it even the diagnostic guy said ther more trouble than there worth.

Sponsored Links
Back