Vokera Minute Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a house with a Vokera Mynute EHE boiler. As far as I know the boiler is 3 to 4 years old.

There are three separate circuits, hot water, upstairs radiators and downstairs underfloor heating.

It works fine most of the time, but sometimes it will not fire when required.

When this happens, if I go to the boiler and rotate the on/off switch to the 'off' position and then to 'on' again it will fire immediately.

The pressure does not appear to be the cause of the problem as it always stays up around 1.5 Bar.

Could the boiler be overheating and tripping out? The temperature dial was set very high but I have reduced it now and teh problem is still occurring.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Is this a condensing version?

My experience of these boilers is that they do have a propensity to give ignition lockouts. There are things for an RGI to check first but it often turns out to be the PCB which is an expensive part to change if its not the fault.

Others may have suggestions but mine would be to call an experienced engineer. Possibly a manufacturer's engineer.

Tony

Thanks for your reply.

Its not a condensing version.

I just hope that I can rule out some simple or obvious things before I call out an engineer who will recommend that I replace an expensive PCB!

Sponsored Links
Whats the "EHE" then?

I do have to say that based on my experience it could well be the PCB! I think there are two different types and not totally interchangeable.

Other things have to be checked first!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back