Vokera Procombi 100HE Red light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I wonder if anyone can offer any advice. My usually good 3 year old combi suddenly refused to run, from power up with mode switch on off, it starts the fan and I hear the APS click, at the same time LED flashes red/yellow 4 times before going solid red.
I have checked water pressure/condense trap/piping/air tubes/venturi etc.
If I turn to heating or Dhw nothing happens, if I turn the mode switch to off (reset) LED flashes green briefly.
The fan just runs forever in all modes which doesn't seem right, the fault guide does not help me with this ? all roads seem to point to a very (£210) expensive pcb.

Any help apreciated before I apply for a 2nd mortgage ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I agree that based on what you have said it MIGHT be the PCB.

However as gas aspects need checking as well the advice would be to call a gas reg engineer to diagnose the problem before you rush out to buy an expensive part!

Tony

Hello I wonder if anyone can offer any advice. My usually good 3 year old combi suddenly refused to run, from power up with mode switch on off, it starts the fan and I hear the APS click, at the same time LED flashes red/yellow 4 times before going solid red.
I have checked water pressure/condense trap/piping/air tubes/venturi etc.
If I turn to heating or Dhw nothing happens, if I turn the mode switch to off (reset) LED flashes green briefly.
The fan just runs forever in all modes which doesn't seem right, the fault guide does not help me with this ? all roads seem to point to a very (£210) expensive pcb.

Any help apreciated before I apply for a 2nd mortgage ?

Tony

Hi Tony did you ever resolve this problem as I have exactly the same on my boiler and wondered if you had identified what caused it.
Thanks

Hello, this was my partners daughters boiler and she has no money, I suggested she either got a gas tech in, but that would cost £80 ?just for an opinion, or let me fit a recon PCB for the same price which would prove my diagnosis one way or another. A Vokera PCB is about £230 fitted and they are a common fault.

Suddenly my partner saw the ad for "Free Boilers" ? her daughter applied and within a fortnight got a new Worcester Bosch, with 7 year warranty, at least I won't be getting calls about that anytime soon ?
spoke too soon !
Partners daughter calls to say there's water under the boiler when it rains

I know the pros try to scare everybody but WHY did the installer fit the flue outlet cap facing upwards so the rain could get in & how did water get through the boiler onto the floor. It seems ok now, it will be mentioned on the safety inspection in September.

Sponsored Links
The terminal out should point up, but water shouldnt come out the bottom, get installer back.

Hello, this was my partners daughters boiler and she has no money, I suggested she either got a gas tech in, but that would cost £80 ?just for an opinion, or let me fit a recon PCB for the same price which would prove my diagnosis one way or another. A Vokera PCB is about £230 fitted and they are a common fault.

Suddenly my partner saw the ad for "Free Boilers" ? her daughter applied and within a fortnight got a new Worcester Bosch, with 7 year warranty, at least I won't be getting calls about that anytime soon ?
spoke too soon !
Partners daughter calls to say there's water under the boiler when it rains

I know the pros try to scare everybody but WHY did the installer fit the flue outlet cap facing upwards so the rain could get in & how did water get through the boiler onto the floor. It seems ok now, it will be mentioned on the safety inspection in September.
thanks for the reply I am going down the exact route you would have taken have just ordered reconditioned pcb and hope this cures it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back