Wallpaper symbols meaning and paste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to paper a room and the wallpaper is showing an arrow pointing to the right towards a vertical line and the number 0 to the right of the line, ie maybe either No vertical offset in pattern or free match (but I don't know exactly what these mean) ?

Could you tell me if this means there's no match at all or if it means the sides of the paper don't match but I need to find a pattern in the paper to match (may be faint designs in the paper but they vary) or something else please ?

Also, it says I've to use readymixed paste - as opposed to the powder I normally mix up - it's a vinyl paper - and wondered if I ought then to use readymixed ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the symbol means 'no matching required; lenghts can be cut straight from the roll without wastage'

ive always mixed my own, but thats because i like it mixed a bit strong than what it says on the packet, and i put a bit of pva glue in with the paste

Sponsored Links
hi
if the paper says use ready mixed paste , use it , otherwise you will have not come back to the company if any problems occur with joints etc. i always use ready mixed paste for vinyls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back