Washing m/c & Dishwasher leaking on shared water inlet

ST8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops:
Whilst fitting a new dishwasher the Y joint cracked. This has been replaced by a new one from the local merchants but the first attempt resulted in a face full of water :oops: .So I returned to the merchant for advice and fitted an extra washer. This seemed to have solved the issue until I was woken by my down stairs neighbour informing me of a leak. The only further advice available from the merchant was to replace the Y joint as the thread had probably be crossed. This was not the case but the new new one still leaks.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i fear a divorce is imminent.

Sponsored Links
As long as there are 3 rubber washers, one for each joint, you should not have a problem. I take it the Y piece has a nut that will turn independently of the rest of the fitting? There are some where this nut is moulded on so you have to turn the whole fitting to screw it onto the tap. If the tap is in a confined space and the joints are being strained you may get leakage. Also make sure both your hoses are OK. You could check these by temporarily connecting them one at a time without the Y piece fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back