Washing machine bearing seal squeaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just changed the bearings on my LG Intellowasher direct drive washing machine and the new bearing seal is squeaking against the shaft.
Does anyone know if it wise to grease the part of the bearing seal that comes into contact with the shaft???

By the way, I've had to take it apart again because the drum seal is failing so I need to seal it with silicon sealant.

Any help anyone.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i used to work for @*0%".$ i i used to fix w/m. never when changing a bearing did the grease pot come out (water would only wash it off anyway)

Only thing i would have done that you havent mentioned is change the spider, i was taught when changing bearings change the spider, or else.

The spider is (aka drum support) thing fixed to back of inner (s.steel) drum

also always changed the front plate drum seal, never use silcone (not on the drum seal)

I was also taught, if you have no front plate drum seal you should thoroughly clean its "mounting" and also screw the old drum seal into as small as it would go, this gets all the old lime scale off, then with both surfaces clear put it all back.

Also put "threadlocker" on the nut at the back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back