waste pipe sizes?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this question has been asked already but I am confused.

I have a selection of Floplast plastic waste pipes. I have some pipe with 43 mm printed on the side. I've measured it and it is 43 mm outside diameter. I also have some 32 mm pipe which I have measured as 32 mm INSIDE diameter. Why is one measured on the outside and one on the inside?

To make things more confusing, I have 32mm solvent fittings which fit the 32 mm pipe. For the 43 mm, I have 40 mm solvent fittings that fit.

Why is all this so inconsistent?

Sponsored Links
All I can tell you is different brands of pipes tend to come in different sizes, maybe a way to get you to stick with their brand as it all fits together?

Unfortunately they make solvent weld, compresion and push fit pipes in different sizes to confuse us.
Generally abs pipe is solvent weld and compression/push fit is the more plastic softer pipe.
Solvent weld pipe accepts obviously solvent weld fittings along with compression fittings but not push fit.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back