Water cylinder and F+E tank positioning/DIY Heatbank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of renovating a house, The house has no hot water, so I'm going the thermal store/heat bank route as we currently don't have gas (waiting for LPG to be installed) and have a Rayburn which I'd like to get connected to the cylinder once more of the house is done.
In the meantime I'm going to use a immersion heater to heat water in the cylinder and heat the DHW via a PHE, thus doing away with cold water tank in the loft.

How high does the F+E tank need to be in relation to the water cylinder?
The water cylinder and F+E tank will be both in the loft next to each other.

Thanks
Matt

Sponsored Links
The Feed and expansion tank relates to the heating circuit not your hot water cylinder. I think you are getting confused.

Pete

ps what is a PHE?

Ideally it should be 1 metre from the top of the cylinder to the bottom of the cwsc. Not always possible but the more height the better the flowrate.

Sponsored Links
Here is a diagram of what I'm doing.
182000_181374_68409_92128273_thumb.jpg
The image originally came from uk.diy wiki I edited it to only show what im I'm doing.

A PHE is a Plate Heat Exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back