Water Feature Project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I needed some advice and hope that someone may be able to help me out of my situation. I am looking to make a water feature. I'm looking at making a water wall. They look absolutely stunning from the pictures and things i saw from vertain websites. My problem is that buying a ready made water wall costs too much so i'm thinking may be i can make one. I'm sureit can't be that difficult, provided you have the right water pump. But i'm not sure what kind of water pump is required to distribute the water evenly on a stainless steel wall so that it looks as though the water is running down the wall.
I'm a pretty good diyer but just don't know where to buy the water pump from for the distribution of the water evenly. I'm not sure what kind of water pump it would be. Would anyone have any ideas of where i can get such an item.

Thanks
Humayun

Sponsored Links
if only it were that easy.

It depends on height and width of "wall"

also to get a perfect sheet of water is not as simple as drilling a few holes in a pipe.

you want to build a shoreter and wider version of this

you also need a long sump (wide as the wall) to collect the water in, its not going to be cheap

The pump is actually the easiest part - any aquatics centre or large garden centre will sell you a one. Expect to pay around £100 for anything with a good flow, that will last more than one season.

As previously stated, getting a 'sheet' of water flowing down a surface is an art - good luck.

Regards,
Tone :)

how can you say £100?

you do not know the height or width of the non existant project (since no reply / comments for o/p ) but I have to agree, quality costs

Sponsored Links
getting water to flow down a 'wall' in a single sheet isn't as hard as it sounds, but does depend on good design.

You need to set up a 'weir' so that you have a reservoir of water behind the top of the 'wall' that you make overflow over the top of the wall. You also need to be able to control the flow of water into the weir and for it to enter the weir without turbulence. You then just need to make sure that the top of the 'wall' where the water flows over the top is dead level, and that the wall is perfectly flat and vertical.

Easy :D

i said all that last month , see the link i posted. but its a waste of time since the op has not replied

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back