water overflowing corner gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When it rains the water overflows the corner gutter on our house.

I've not been up, and suspect there is some blockages, but dont think its a blockage as such that is causing the issue. Its like the corner piece hangs down slightly, and the very corner is the lowest point.

If I push up on it (as per the red arrow) with a broom handle I can stop the water flowing over. Then as soon as I let go it drops slightly and starts again. It may be that I just give it a chance to fill a bit more, and ultimately it would start leaking again, or it may be that this is just the lowest point.

From what I can see, it is a right angled piece, approx 9" long each side, and is supported at the end of each side. There is no support that I can see at the actual corner/right angle/middle bit.

Is this likely to be the problem? Can/should it be supported at the very corner?
Or can I easily lift this edge up somehow? There is a metal hip iron immedately above it, and wondered if the guttering could be tied to that to hold it up?

Pics can be seen here:

http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/randombits/library/gutter1

I should confess, I've not been up there on a ladder, and also I'm really not great on ladders anyway so wouldn't want to be doing any drilling or whatever up there? Is there a quick fix, or do I need to get someone in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Maybe there's a crack along that corner, time to get that long ladder out.

Nozzle

The guttering might be improperly fixed with the corner at a very low point.
As above,someone has to go up and observe during a rainfall or using a hose for a water test.
I suspect that water is dripping down the back of the gutter runs.
Perhaps the felt has been stopped short, and isn't lapping over the gutter.

Your photos dont "work". A photo of the whole side of the eaves line would help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back