water pump very intermitent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i previously had a triton 450i single impeller connected to my immersion heater which then went onto supply my mixer shower, bathroom hot tap and kitchen hot tap.

the immersion heater is supplied by a cold water storage tank which is situated 2-3ft above the immersion . ( i live in a flat )

from the top of the immersion heater i had one pipe which eventually split - down to the pump and up to an overflow back into the cwst.

my pump would operate when it felt like - when it did ingage i would have lovely pressure though.

i started looking into and thought i was getting trapped air in the pump (cavitation?) air being dragged down from overflow and from within top of immersion

so i drained tank, used an essex flange from just below the seem of my immersion heater to supply the pump and cut the pipe that previously supplied the pump and capped it - so now i have a dedicated overflow pipe from top of immersion heater and a dedicated pipe from the side of immersion heater supplying pump.

i refilled tank and tested - all working perfect

then i started to heat my tank up - adjusting the element to low to begin with.

it seems as soon as i introduced some warm water to the pump it stops switching itself on although i can hear a clicking coming from the pump.

now i know the pump insructions says for use with cold water but it also states that the water should be no more than 65c - which mine never is.

shall i now just change the pump or is the micro switch within the pump faulty??

all advise welcome as i am out of ideas - thanks

Sponsored Links
does it only do this only if you use the hot tap in the kitchen? how are you getting cold to the shower at the same pressure? mains i suppose.

cold water is supplied direct from the mains .

the pump is intermittent with everything it supplies - shower,bathroom tap , kitchen tap.

just had an email back from triton stating that this pump is for use with electric showers only??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back