Water turns cold after 10min on new combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I would get a second opinion.

My new combi boiler seems to stop mid flow from heating the water.

For example, while washing up I like to leave the hot running for a rince. After 10mins or so it sudently goes cold, only to get hot again after a little while.

I have a Worcester 30i, and I have the economy enabled (ie not instant water, so initally I have to let the tap run)

Sponsored Links
Well if its a new combi call the installer and get him to fix it!

You paid for a working boiler and thats what you should get!

Tony

Agile said:
Well if its a new combi call the installer and get him to fix it!

Why? if it was installed correctly then it is the manufacturers responsibility to ensure that their product works. IMO, no manufacturer is going to thank an installer for fiddling around with a boiler during the warranty period.

Sure.

No problem in getting the installer in, but as mentioned I wanted to see if anyone had seen or heard a similar thing before

Sponsored Links
It is normal for concientious and professional installers to visit first and identify the problem and if necessary to liaise with the manufacturers to cure the problem.

Most problems with new boilers are due to incorrect installation anyway.

I appreciate that we give a better that average service to our clients but we would never just tell the client to contact the manufacturer.

We will fix boilers which are under warranty on behalf of the manufacturer if their service engineer cannot attend within a few hours ( which is usually the case ).

Tony Glazier

is it that u are running the water so slow that the boiler is not detecting the flow and turning off ?

does it turn off with the tap on full for over 10 mins ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back