WB Highflow 3.5 circa 94 problems with DHW going cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Aunty has an old WB Highflow 3.5 circa 94 and after about 5 minutes the DHW runs cold/tepid. This problem is only apparent when the heating is on. She has had WB service engineers out who have replaced the tank and heat exchanger etc. within last couple of years but problem still exists even though she did mention it to them.

Can anyone shed light on probable cause and/or solution as she is talking of changing the boiler for a new condensing WB Highflow and I am not certain that is necessary or wise?

If she were to change what sort of % savings would be likely?

And yes she does turn it to DHW only mode when she remembers and wants a longer shower but it is not really a long term solution :!:

Sponsored Links
Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Many thks

PS She is talking of replacing with a WB Highflow and I mentioned the new 440 & 550 - anyone experience of these new models and can they be recommended?

I am sorry that no one has replied.

This is probably because there is no obvious answer to what is causing the problem.

In front of the boiler the cause may well be quite obvious after doing a few simple tests.

Its now 15 years old and they were never terribly good boilers.

A similar style replacement would save about 12% if it were operated in the most efficient settings.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tks v much Tony - I'll pass the info' on and I suspect in time she may well go for a new boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back