WB Highflow 400 diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My WB boiler (above) keeps tripping out the thermal cut out, seems to be lacking the hot water pressure it used to and is now intermittently losing the hot water momentarily. Most of this is when the heating is on. Having looked through this and other forums, it seems the diverter valve may be on the way out. Is this an easy thing to replace (location seems fairly well positioned), or should I take up the WB fixed price repair at £250? Part online seems to be between £60-100

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It may not be diverter, could be the 6mm pipe from diverter to manifold that is choked, common problem and can cause overheat stats to trip and also poor heating circulation.

You could get a fixed price repair or may be cheaper getting an independant rgi to do it.

Thanks for the info - I suppose one thing I was wondering is whether an independent rgi would do a DV for less than £250 inc parts? If so, I will give them a go instead of WB. Thought I'd get an idea here before ringing around......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back