Wet room shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody got any recommendations for a wet room shower waste pump? Have been looking into the Whale pumps but the price seems a little steep, close to £350 plus VAT for the vinyl floor waste and extra flow switch. Any cheaper alternatives? The waste pipe nearby is actually above the tray so any gravity drainage is out of the question.

Sponsored Links
Trust me, that's not terribly expensive, so long as it includes all the bits required.

Have you tried Ebay?
There are normally a few full kits on there.
There are always bare Whale Gulper pumps on there at 80 to 90 quid.

Thanks for your reply. The price seemed a little high in comparison to a Saniflo type system and for what you actually get in the kit considering the price of a barebones pump. Having spent a few hours looking around and noting other prices, £300-400 plus VAT seems bottom of the market unfortunately.

And yes, Ebay may have come up trumps. Someone's actually selling the exact kit I require, will just need to get the mixer valve upgrade kit and should be good to go. And hope someone doesn't beat me to it on Ebay. :)

Sponsored Links
Good luck!

Bear in mind that we sell a Phlexicare (dog's danglies) kit to a local authority at a contract price of 300 quid plus the dreaded and you'll see why they are so expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back