Wet underfloor heating flow/return routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All bar one of our downstairs rooms have underfloor heating and I'd like to add it to the one remaining room. It currently has a suspended floor and so possible to in-fill it, insulate, add UFH pipes and screed as per the rest of the downstairs.

The only difficultly is routing the flow/return from the existing manifold to this room as its opposite end of house. Instead of chasing the pipe work into existing screed (not sure even if this would be possible), is there anything stopping me from running the flow/return pipes into the ceiling and back down in this room?

I'm not sure if there are issues with air pockets being formed? Does the manifold always have to be above all respective UFH heating pipe work?

Sponsored Links
No expert and not a plumber/ heating engineer but I think you would have problems bleeding and filling so would need some sort of vent at the high point.
The pump on the manifold would have a bigger job due to the extra head and you would need that confirmation from the supplier ( I think).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back