What shower can we have?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My partner and I are planning to re-do our bathroom, and want to fit a shower (haven't got one at the mo).

I'm a bit confused about which types of shower we could use: we have separate central heating and hot water boilers. Our hot water is heated by a instant gas heater in the kitchen (no tank at all). The only tank we have is a header tank for the central heating system.

From what I've read/heard so far, it seems that we can't have any sort of pumped system since they can't run off mains pressure, which I guess would narrow it down to a mixer shower or electric shower.

I've seen the mixer showers with the Venturi valve, and friends of ours have one of these showers and are really pleased with it. Would this type of shower work on our water system?

I'm not convinced that our water pressure is strong enough to use just a mixer shower, so something that boosts the flow would be good.

Any help much appreciated because I'm very confused about it all!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back