What van do you use?

Sylvan Tieger wrote

The gas mileage has a lot to be desired 5- 7 MPG

That's pathetic. :mad:
Was talking to a long distance lorry driver (Europe) the other day.
Tells me he averaged 12mpg in his HGV grossing 38 tons with some loads.

Actually even at 5 MPG I am still saving money and possibly fuel as although my van is loaded to the hilt I do not have to go to the supply to restock as I have almst everything needed on the vans.

The 2003 Ford Econoline 350 138" WB super duty Van as of yesterday has 7,036 miles on it and has 3 Oil changes Synthetic Mobil 1 of course as the extra weight and lack of highway driving does cause premature engine failure if not properly serviced.

My buddy has a van 2005 and already has over 100,000 miles of the Dodge Sprinter

Sponsored Links
Syvlan Tieger wrote

Actually even at 5 MPG I am still saving money and possibly fuel as although my van is loaded to the hilt I do not have to go to the supply to restock as I have almst everything needed on the vans.

Why are you using small vans and vehicles carrying small loads acheiving only 5 mpg when you could have a 40 ft flat bed trailer/curtain sider/ container loaded up and grossing 38 Tons acheiving as much as 12 mpg ??.

It seems to make you proud that you can waste fuel in this manner.

my van is loaded to the hilt

What weight ?. A couple of tons ?????
My van is loaded to the hilt also. Probably about 1 ton and can average 30mpg.

A 38 tonner averaging 12 mpg against your 2 tonner averaging 5 mpg.
No contest really. :rolleyes:
This sums up Americans. Wasteful Wasteful Wasteful Wasteful
Wasteful Wasteful Wasteful people. :mad:

Had an 02 transit t280 100 bhp version,only problem i had was fuel pump leak,but at £1000 to replace its a big problem and very common,so sold it.

Now have a 57 reg company citreon berlingo,we have lots of these and almost everyone has either rear doors or side door that wont open.
But good on fuel and very nippy,will do 100 mph plus.

Want speed try a Subaru WRX with the correct afer market chip this car can exceed wll over 160 MPH

i didnt get the van for its speed,but for its practicality,what use would a scooby be to me?
And being english i think we know a little more about fast cars IMHO.
And ours can negotiate corners and brake also, very usefull :LOL:

As of today I bought a Vauxhall Combo 1.7 DTi 53 reg.

I can advise you of comfort, it's just like driving my corsa which was comfortable enough.

Seems pretty spacious inside, I'm using it for plumbing too and it seems to me a good choice.

Sponsored Links
Oh and about the Vauxhall Combo, around year 2004 *apparently* they started putting fiat punto engines in them which are reallyyyyyyyy expensive to repair.

Combo crew van. Brilliant van. 2 side loading doors, proper rears seats, rear seats fold flat so a normal van. Add a roof rack and tow bar and a perfect alrounder.

Can even pick the kids up from school some days, and brilliant for dropping family of at airports with all their luggage!

This sums up Americans. Wasteful Wasteful Wasteful Wasteful
Wasteful Wasteful Wasteful people. :mad:[/quote]

I can AFFORD it and I just bought another Ford E -350 Super duty 138" WB

Besides it is not waste it is being used to keep blokes working on drilling rigs, shipping industry , TAXES , and folks who operate gas stations I am doing my share to spread the wealth.

The new van is coming with a v 10 Engine really GREAT horse power ZOOOMMMMMMMMM

just got a vivaro from the firm i work for, nice van the 6 th gear is a bit useless imo, the radio mp30 is a complete waste of time as its always loosing its signal and changes station even if rds is turned off, the load area is not bad, its come fully kitted out in the back and still has room on the floor for anything upto 4 ft long and 2 ft wide, apart from the radio i like it

Sponsored Links
Back