When hot water gets to set temp what should happen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have unvented tank and condensing boiler. There are two 2 port valves. There is no temp thermostat fitted to tank. My boiler has two dials. One for rads and one for hot water. We do not have a room thermostat.

I believe my hot water thermostat on boiler is set to around 60 degrees.

When rads and water are selected, will the hot water 2 port valve shut when the hot water reaches 60 degrees (or whatever it is set too etc). I'm thinking it should do so then it would go straight to rads after which would warm them up more??

Any ideas

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Thanks for your response.

Its a: -

Worcester R28 HE boiler
Megaflo

your megaflow will have a hot water thermostat fitted as part of the unit, once it's satisfied it should shut the hot water 2 port valve, assuming nothing else is calling for heat, then the boiler will shut down too.
if you have no room stat and you have your heating on then the heating valve will stay open and the boiler will stay on until the boiler thermostat is satisfied.

your boiler has a hot water thermostat but it's an optional extra and not connected so won't do anything

Sponsored Links
The unvented cylinder will have come with it's own stat that shuts down the 2 port valve when it gets to the set temp.

Dang ... and wot e said :cool:

Thanks for the replies.

Hmm. I thought it should shut off. Guess what, its not?

your megaflow will have a hot water thermostat fitted as part of the unit, once it's satisfied it should shut the hot water 2 port valve, assuming nothing else is calling for heat, then the boiler will shut down too.
if you have no room stat and you have your heating on then the heating valve will stay open and the boiler will stay on until the boiler thermostat is satisfied.

your boiler has a hot water thermostat but it's an optional extra and not connected so won't do anything

I cant see no thermostat fitted to tank. Should it be like a dial type etc as in adjustable?

Turn the HW thermostat on your boiler not your Cylinder down to about 3/4 and see what the temperature on your boiler goes to after a while,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back