Where Can I Get a Replacement Radiator For This One?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a photo of the radiator in one of our bedrooms. Horrible isn't it.

What you can't see in the photo is that the paint has cracked in places and some has fallen off. I've had three goes with a wire brush and paint stripper & got all of the loose paint off, painted it up again one heating season later other areas have split and flaked. Close up it's pitted and pockmarked, because about 10 layers of paint come off at a time.

It's also an ugly brute circa 1960's issue I think, so I want to replace it. However, I can't find one to fit. I have replaced others in the house by moving the pipes, but here you can see a glued wooden floor is fitted, so I can't lift it to move the pipes without destroying the floor.

So if anyone can help me find a same size replacement it would be much appreciated. The distance across the radiator itself (without the chrome tails) is 32 3/4" or 83.2cm. the height is 27 1/2" of 70cm but that's not so crucial.

I would also like to source a couple of spare Pegler Terrier TRV's Mk1 as shown in the photo, the new TRV heads don't fit, and has I have both types fitted to radiators in my house, and I reckon the older ones work best, feel more substantial and are smoother in operation.

Sponsored Links
You will need a 800mm wide by 700mm high rad, the extra width can be taken up with a rad tail with a drain off valve which will add about 15mm & a rad extention, these can be bought at Plumb Centre & come in 10, 20 ,30 or 40mm lenghts.
As for the TRV's I don't think they're made any more but you could try flea bay.

Sponsored Links
radiator or wallpaper ?
Cheeky! Actually, I thought that when I looked at the photo, I think the flash highlighted it. In real life it's not quite so bad and doesn't shine. The cracks on the radiator look far worse and you can't see them in the photo. Anyway the paper will go when the radiator does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back