Where to purchase 125mm Coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me a supplier of 125mm * 125mm plain 'C' profile coving?

I am trying to find some to match with existing coving.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
r you sure this is 125mm not 127 so far i cnt find any coveing thats 125 unless you have a fancy design. is it plaster paris moulded or is it made of gyproc (same stuff as plaster board)

127mm is close enough, the original coving was made in situ (house built 1950's). Having moved a coupleof walls around I now need to try and match up the coving. Ripping it all down and replacing the coving would be a very longwinded job.

Any help in tracking down coving that is close would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You will get 127mm coving anywhere, builders merchants, DIY sheds ect. the problem you may have would be the radius of the curve not matching up.

The builders merchants and DIY stores coving is much smaller than the one I am looking for - maybe i am not stating the size in the right way ---

it is 125 mm x 125 mm (flat on wall and ceiling) and the curve is approximatley 172mm

ANy help in sourcing soemthing similar would be much appreciated

The builders merchants and DIY stores coving is much smaller than the one I am looking for - maybe i am not stating the size in the right way ---

it is 125 mm x 125 mm (flat on wall and ceiling) and the curve is approximatley 172mm

ANy help in sourcing soemthing similar would be much appreciated
since your coving was run in situ, you could always go to your nearest fibrous plastering shop who could take a profile of your coving, they would then run it on a bench all you would have to do after that is fit it

i think steves ways is the route i would take its not worth saveing the nice old coving to then repair it with somethin thats not up to the job.

use trade point i know they sell it m8 is it poly cove or gypsom

I know this thread is years old but the same question will come up every year.
The coving you want is run in-situ when the house was built. Standard off the shelf Gyproc or Knauf 127mm coving is only 85mm x 85mm approx.
I have found a company online that can supply 125x125 coving, they maybe others.
I have not used this company yet but maybe soon as I have a job which the client wants the coving to match the other rooms in the house.
Search for plaster moulding direct, they supply it in 2m lengths.
So for an average room you are going to need 8 lengths. Its more than 8x the price of the Knauf/Gyproc stuff but it is the same size.

Was some 120mm from Redland years ago if memory serves but its all 127mm now.

Join in the corners keeping bottom level. Top blends in. So you can't patch but you can remove to the corners and fit slightly different size without it showing. That's if your matching up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back