Which make of dishwasher is best? Hotpoint or Bosch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I'm looking to buy a slimline, freestanding dishwasher. Can anyone recommend which make of machine will cause less probelms with repairs?
Looking at Bosch but have read reports that they break down alot.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Ta
Jenny

Sponsored Links
It gets confusing trying to work out who makes which appliances these days but at one time Hotpoint dishwashers were actually made by Bosch. Zanussi were always a good make but there is no guarantee that one with a Zanussi badge came out of the Zanussi factory. I repaired a Tricity Bendix tumble drier today which turned out to be a product made by the Whirlpool group.

go for the bosch if you want to best go for miele also check out the siemens dw sames as bosch may get it for a better price dont just check price at the big stores check out your local suppliers or john lewis

Sponsored Links
as far as i'm aware the hotpoint slimlines are now indesits rebadged since they took over the hotpoint brand. the hotpoints always used to be bosch. the only bosch problem that i'm aware of other than fair wear and tear, is that the solder joint for the heater tends to fail on the push button models. other than that they mostly "break down" due to mis-use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back