Which Mixer Shower for Combi Boiler - Grohe? Aqualisa?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All!

We are getting our bathroom done and plan to get a shower enclosure with overhead shower with shoulder shower combined unit

ive seen this one: http://www.plumbtap.com/product/Grohe_Euphoria_Mixer_Shower_27296_27296000

We have a WB 37Cdi Boiler

would this Grohe shower work ok with our boiler? would i need a pump of any kind?

how about an Aqualisa one? i see them being mentioned on here alot, this one: http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/Our-produ...m-with-adjustable-height-head--High-Pressure/

which one would you recommend? im particularly drawn in by the 5 year warranty on both these units and Grohe seems to be a good brands in terms of quality

any advice much appreciated

thaanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a good mains water supply then you probably will not have much problem.

Because I have to investigate problems which arise I dont generally recommend thermostatic showers with combi boilers.

Sometimes they interact with each and the temperature oscillates as a function of the flow rate, boiler control and shower control.

Many installers will say they are all fine. I have to agree that there are many working OK but its the problem ones which bother me and particularly when there is no easy solution. Different combinations can cause different problems.

You dont use a shower pump with a combi boiler.

Tony

Never fitted a grohe so can't comment.

Aqualisa is my shower of choice. I have fitted quite a few and have had no problems. They are of good quality.

I have a 37Kw boiler with good water pressure at home with 2 aqualisa thermostatic bar showers. Very pleased with them.

Andy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back