Whirlpool ADP 4505

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having some trouble with a Dishwasher that is approximatley 8 months old. Now this thing used to work perfectly, Until about a month ago where it will just fill up at the bottom of the d/w (Just fills up to the microfilter) Then drains. The Start light Flashes 7 times, pauses, then flashes 7 times again.

I have talked with the people at Whirlpool but I don't think they could have helped less. All the filters (From which ones I can actually see) Have been removed, cleaned and put back. The water pressure/Water itself is there and fine, The tap is on, Drainage is fine as it drains everytime you switch it on.

So in brief:
Water get's in
Water get's out
Filters are clean and gunk free
Those spinny things are clear
It just.... doesn't wash anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunatley this was a machine that had a tiny tiny dent in the side which has never done anything to the performance of the d/w, And it was reduced to half price with no garuntee because of it. And.... this is why I can't use the garuntee.

All I can say that is it works perfect just all of a sudden it's stopped working.. Whirlpool are absoloutley useless. They wouldn't even give me any hints to try and fix it. Unless I paid them for advice which they couldn't garuntee would work.

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there that could suggest something to see if I can rectify the situation.. Any help would be appriciated..

I guess you didn't get an instruction manual with it either ? The general instruction manual for whirlpool dw's (most models are the same) states;
• The START indicator lamp flashes.

• Ensure that the filter assembly is not clogged and if necessary clean it *.
Start the programme again. Press the Start button for
2 seconds, until the Start indicator lamp switches
off. Select a new programme and press the Start
button again.

This would make sense with your symptoms i.e. if the machine detects there is a water availability problem, then you wouldn't want it to proceed and potentiall cook itself, you'd want it to tell you and then empty what water there is inside.

P.S. What is the 12 digit reference code on the label on your machine ?

Sponsored Links
The 12 Digit code is 8511 754 15811

The model as far as I can tell is a ADP 4504..

And I'll just go give that a try right now and I'll tell you what happens..

Okay, I tried that, And it still does exactly the same thing. Just fills up a little at the bottom then empties. If you say to clean out all the filters, where are "all" of them. I have checked those that I can see, But I am unsure if there are any others.. As I don't have a manual.

Thanks.

I was looking at exactly what you could have found on the web. The whirlpool site; http://www.whirlpool.co.uk/webapp/w...leBean_WP_IFUCHART_START&rm=WPCustomerService
doesn't recognise your 12 digit code, but you go here and take other options you can get a general instructions brochure and feature brochure but suggest you need either someone with experience of these machines to explain where all the filters are, or get and engineer in. You only get what you pay for.............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back