white bread

You're right their Ken, diet is only half the story. I used to row at a pretty decent level (national competitions), and would pack away food like it was going out of fashion. But I was still super-buff (you have to be if you are going to wear skin-tight lycra!) because of the amount of exercise I did. I probably ate far more calories than really fat blokes. Really need to get back into it, you feel so healthy when you do that much exercise, and quite often I would run places, just because I could. Like on a Friday night, going down the pub, only 2 miles, I'll run.

I am sure they also say you should do a minimum of 20 minutes CV exercise per day too. Thing is, I belong to a gym but hardly ever go. Down to laziness mainly.

Remember the character on GGM?

All I need is a small aubergine... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
Let's get it into context, The "dangers" from eating the wrong types of food are to be taken as warnings and advice, you will not harm yourself eating the occasional fatty food, if anything a small amount of fat in your diet is actually necessary, what the advice gives is that you cut out eating fatty food only and balance your diet properly, that's all! If you exercise adequately you will keep your body fit and it will be able to process The "bad" as well as the"good" food with no detriment to you. The advice given tends to sway towards the people that don't look after themselves.
has anyone seen the price difference between "normal" and "healthy/fat free"
we seem to be paying more for less :confused: i.e. less salt/fat etc costs more :confused:

Gas and electric soaring ... great !! will not be able to afford food soon !!

P

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
has anyone seen the price difference between "normal" and "healthy/fat free"
we seem to be paying more for less :confused: i.e. less salt/fat etc costs more :confused:
As usual the moneygrabbers jump on the bandwagon to rip us off!
the Govt are always harping on about us keeping fit and healthy and it pays in keeping NHS outlay down so why don't they make this sort of rip off illegal? As you say less costs more so there is NO justifiable argument that the manufacturers can come out with regarding extra costs.
This only proves that govt's spout out the garbage but don't back up their beliefs by action, smoking is one, banning it from all public places is just a small step, if they truly believe in getting us all healthy they should ban smoking altogether and forgo the tax revenue.

Back