Win 11 + Microsoft Store etc. finally sorted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been doing battle trying to get Store, Camera plus various other small apps working, since I managed to upgrade from Win10 to 11- it is now sorted...

Earlier in the week, I managed to get the sluggishness sorted, by getting it to use the M2 SSD drive, then yesterday managed to fix the none working apps., with a Repair install.

When I originally tried the Win10 to Win11 upgrade, it complained 'we couldn't update the system partition'. I some how managed to wangle it to install, cannot remember how now.

Trying the Repair yesterday, it reported the same problem. I tried to expand the EFI partition, but between it, and space I could make by shrinking the main partition, was my M2 SSD drive - so that didn't work.

I then came across a suggestion to delete the Fonts folder, on the EFI partition, then the Repair install went ahead, with all my files and apps still in place, just as before.

All the faulty Microsoft items are now fully working, including Store. To access the EFI partition, it needs to be mounted first.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back