wireless room stat with standard boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope you can help
I'm about to move house and the place I'm moving to has a standard boiler / hot water tank setup but doesn't have a room thermostat. I'd like to have one. I know wireless systems can be installed on combi boilers, but what about standard boilers? The domestic energy surveyor who did the EPC for the house suggetsed a system which turned off the boiler and the pump when temperature was reached. Can this be done easily, or would a re-wiring be needed?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can be done, how easily depends on the heating system setup in the property. Modern boilers control the pump, the roomstat has to be linked in correctly else you could have problems.

Wired or wireless doesnt matter, with either a connection has to be made into the system wiring. Wireless can be easier because the reciever unit can be mounted in a convenient position for wiring to the system, and the sender that contains the stat can be sited where appropriate, whereas a conventional stat needs to be hard wired from its location back to the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back