Wireless Thermostat for Oil Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Riello Mectron 3bm burner/boiler outside and its controlled by an analogue time clock. I think its time I got a thermostat installed as its currently starting and stopping based on the water thermostat.

I have been looking for a wireless thermostat but I don't know what works with an oil burner or doesn't work. I did notic a Honeywell DT92E but all the others seem work with combi boilers so I don't know if that rules out an oil boiler.

Can anyone recommend a wireless thermostat and also anything I need to be aware off or do when installing one? I remember reading that I should turn the water thermostat on the boiler to max, is this true?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The honeywell cm or dt ranges are the best.

You should change the cycling rate yo something more suitable for oil boilers, but this is in their manual.

I've been looking at a few Honeywell thermostats from a DT92E which states for oil and then you have the fancy CMT921.

What I notice with the CMT921 and sililar ones is that they have volt free connections, suitable for combi boilers. Can someone explain what it means by this and why its suitable for combi boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back