Wits end with window reveals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am Building an extension. The exterior walls are constructed from concrete blocks with an inner leaf wall constructed from 95mm W/W timber, lined with 12.5mm plasterboard. There is a 25 mm airspace between the exterior an inner leaf walls.

There are four window openings and two door openings.
How do I construct the inner leaf around the openings in order that I can line them?

I was intending on using ply board as a lining material on the reveals as opposed to plasterboard but I just can not decide where to position the timber framework in relation to the exterior block work and how the lining material for the reveals is fixed around the block work opening.

Any info would be gladly received as I don't seem to be able to find solutions in the DIY books.

Sponsored Links
You a piece of timber stud on the return inside the cavity section with the dpc against the brick wall.
The picture is not quite right but give you some idea.
thermflange2.gif

You could have look at the Australia website for info maybe, I used to fit all internal plywood studding inside the brick wall which is a Austrialian design for labour saving instead of inner leaf brickwork wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back