Wobbly table - bracket sellers needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

Well, I bought a table with hairpin legs off eBay (WHAT was I thinking...). Following in the currently trendy industrial style it looked pretty good. Item description states something like "this is made from natural materials and as such there may be knots, greening of the wood and rough sawn edges this is part of this type of product". Roger, understood.

So happily I received my table top and legs separately and set about drilling guide holes and attaching all the legs. Simple, straightforward, job done I thought.

Nah.

It became apparent that the construction of the table was, using polite terms, inadequate. It was completely askew from one end/edge/corner to the other and thus, of course, the legs all hit the floor at different times resulting in a table that wibbles and wobbles around - and we all know how flippin' annoying that is don't we!!

I go back to the guy and he's say oh sorry, I didn't actually make that table, I'll send you another one.

Can you guess how the second one was folks? Yes, exactly the same.

So I go back to him again and he quotes what he appears to think is a get-out clause of "this items is made from natural materials.....". I don't agree this is anything to do with it - before the item leaves the workshop the one thing you would imagine you'd check with something to be used as a table, is that it's true.

Anyway, the upshot is I've had, temporarily, to put masses of ugly and highly visible washers between the table top and the hairpin legs to get the table to be somewhat level. It looks appalling. I see from the hairpin legs that they are constructed using a bracket onto which the bent metal of the hairpin legs is welded.

So my question is, after all the rambling, where would I be able to get just the brackets from, without the hairpin bit? Anyone know? I don't seem to be easily able to find them. I think if I can build up the levels using these, it will not only be a more robust finish, but it will be WAY less noticeable if I can find them in the same colour.

Any ideas for where to look for these items anyone? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back