Wood suitable for loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing some fairly minor work in my loft, adding some solid insulation boards in a poorly insulated area. I want to run 50mm wood at right angles across the existing beams, to allow a double thickness of solid insulation with loft boards on top.

I have some pretty cheap untreated wood from a local timber supplier, but looking at it it seems possibly to have mould on it (picture attached). Can anyone more knowledgeable than me explain if it is mould or something else, and if the wood is suitable for me to use in the loft.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211209_170607.jpg
    IMG_20211209_170607.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
Which particular wood in your photo, are you concerned about - there appear to be three different ones there, but all look fine.

Sponsored Links
Fairly normal - just indicates it's been stored in dampish conditions at some point. Nothing to worry about IMHO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back