Worcester 14/19 CBI pump overrun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a worcester 14/19 cbi

Have noticed this over the last few weeks a low level hum coming from the boiler cupboard, but not really loud enough to think that there was anything wrong if you get what i mean, just a light background hum.

Last night the noise was really noticeable, much more than normal, so took a look and it is coming from the pump. Touched the pump and its scalding hot, and the pump seems to be running all the time.

As its summer, and the Central heating is off, I thought that it should only really be running when Hot Water is on and the boiler is fired up, then for a few minutes after boiler shuts off.

From what i have read, it looks like the pump overrun on the boilers main PCB may be toast? does this mean i need to get the whole PCB replaced? (although the boiler works fine other than the pump overrun) or is there a component on the board that can be replaced?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back