Worcester 24CDi Digistat replacing manual timer- ST8 wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My old 24CDi has always had just a manual programmer on the front, and no room thermostat.
So I got the right part number from Worcester for a new Digistat with the correct receiver panel for the boiler. Checked the install instructions, and looked simple.
But - if I remove the manual control, there are 4 x electric cables connected to it, 2 x brown, one white and a green. Removing these, then installing the RF receiver panel means the boiler has power but doesn't fire (RF link correct, digistat on manual etc).
However, if I plug the tree x electric leads back into the manual programmer, and set it to ON, then the Digistat works OK. But I can't really leave it like this as all the bits are hanging out.
My 24CDi manual has a page for the timer and thermostat wiring options with a wiring block labelled ST8.
On ST8, should I just link Ls to Lr and disconnect the others?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Cool, found another thread that confirms putting in a short wire to link Ls to Lr.
Done that and the Digistat is working a treat.

Job done :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back