Worcester 28CDi ...what buttons mean? ..are they the cause ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester 28CDi 2 yr old ..was working great. Had to unplug for a few hours while electrician put some sockets in (unrelated downstairs) but now ...Heating fine, but hot water either runs for a few minutes or not at all - I can override it by switching on and off and pressing reset and "learning mode" and "override" buttons - but it still runs cold after 3-4 minutes ..these buttons arent expalined anywhere either ...wife really b***ching, but wallet really empty ..please help !

Sponsored Links
i recently put the key in and got pressure up again after bleeding rads..its now set at about 2.0-2.5. the little red hand is on 1.5 ,, i take it that minimum pressure as i have never seen it fall below it,...can that affect hot water ??? - By the way them plastic keys are a proper luckybag toy
i used min 3 times and its worn already. getting it back out again is like trying to get a £20 note out of the wifes hand ;)..i was recommended worcester by a friend of a freind of a freind who was in the trade.maybe he meant the sauce !

I think you have a digistat receiver/timer built on to the boiler.

This should really only affect heating.

Pressure is a bit high but unlikely to be causing problems if the heating is working.

What happens when the boiler is in stand-by mode i.e doing nothing and a tap is turned on need to know if the boiler is sensing water flow first of all.

Could this short spell of hot water be from when you have had the heating on.?

thanks rob!

when you turn tap on you do get first the "tap light" and then the "burner" light...problem is after a few minutes they turn off and it goes stone cold. great for a handwash but a real killer in the shower, she screams like that woman from hitchcocks psycho ;)

sometimes tuning on and off the shower makes it come back ..sometimes not...and then sometimes it will run warm again for a few minutes....sometimes not

got any clues???

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If it always comes on from cold ok, then the tap water heat exchanger's blocked.
That's diyable, with some difficulty.

If the tap light doesn't come on though, the flow sensor isn't working, which would usually be because the diaphragm is holed.
Cheap part but a big ask for a DIY repair on one of those. It's inside the diverter valve which can also stick, so pros wouldn't normally change just the diaphragm.
Diyable if you've got an afternoon spare, and don't mind doing it all again if it leaks, which some do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back