worcester 30 si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi hopeing someone can help me please i had my heating off for 2 weeks changed rad valve drained system had gas coin meter changed to monthly pay type engineer turned on boiler which blew 3 amp pole socket had issue fixed which was fan faulty then went on to use boiler for hot water which worked ok when i turned heating on it fires up 3 times ignites for few seconds then goes to reset with blue light flashing had 2 plumbers to look at fault but nobody can diagnose the problem im on tight budget as lost my job so didnt want to pay worcester £300 anybody got any ideas i can pass to the plumber?????

Sponsored Links
when i turn central heating on it tries to light 3 times then goes to flashing reset with blue light flashing also when filling a bath with hw after about 8 minutes the gas light goes out does this 3 times then goes to flashing reset have replaced fan pcb board high limit stat flushed out heat exchanger but still no cure for the fault the pump is spinning and valve opens an closes really stuck on this one with what to do next :(

Check to see if your Emergency gas valve next to the meter is fully on (handle in line with pipe) then check under the boiler to see if the gas isolation valve is fully open. and report back

Sponsored Links
hi there both valves were in the correct position gas is getting to boiler.
really struggling any help would be really greatfull

Worcester are very help full 01905 752 640 ask to be put through to technical

i called worcester but they would not tell me anything as im not plumber:(
i tried boiler on spanner mode and managed to get heating working flame will only stay lit in that mode anyone able to helpplz

spoken to worcester engineer at last as told them im qualified electrician which i am and they said to check fan pressure and co2 mix in gas hopeing this will sort it at last

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back