Worcester Bosch 28si mk2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry folks, I seemed to have posted it twice.

Hi there, wonder if anyone on here could help/advise me.

I've a worcester Bosch 28 si combi and on our return from holiday swithed it on but it seemed to lock out initially.

Had the red flashing warning light illuminited at both 5 flash per second and 1 flash per second.

Have depressed (reset button) as advised by the booklet but to no avail?

Leave it for an hour switched off and it will half fill a sink when swithed on 3 times out of 10.

It's very frustrating!

Just tried it and the central heating came on for 5 mins and just clicked (spark) but did not relight.

Running at 1.5 bar and water pressure is around 11.

Could this be the pcb gone again? £147 i've been quoted just for the parts alone.

Please Help!!

Regards,Tony (Crewe)

Sponsored Links
Very probably.

Had 3 to replace in the last month, and they are very expensive!

Worcester do a fixed price repair, and it may be the best route in your case.

Their customer service seems very acceptable...for example, I had a call from an elderly customer with a divertor valve fault on a 24cdi. I had no time to replace the part as I didnt stock it and was off to scotland the next morning for a week.

I advised a call to Worcester who arrived the following day, replaced DV (and expansion vessel for whatever reason - guess it was shot) and all for £193.88.

I thought that very reasonable.

David

Appreciate the reply Soggy...Bit of a bummer that seeing as though this would be the second time it's happened, although very different symptoms to last time.

I think it'll have to be Worcester Service fixed price repair, just found it on Google £185 inclusive upto 3 major parts.

Noted Brtish Gas offer an 'Emergancy Repair Service' at £140 earlier on very similar service too!

who should I chose please?

Im not a fan of BG 'engineers', and does that price include parts?

Thought Worcester price may have gone up, but its actually gone down...and 3 major parts! Wow.

Personally, Worcester would be my bet but its your cash!

Dave

Sponsored Links
Will go with Worceser then Dave. I had a pcb fitted after only 8 day's after it was installed by a local Gas fitter although Worcester reckon they have no record of it as a warrenty claim?

A friend of mine works for BG and he's just knocked with a pcb only it's not the correct one to try.

Seems mine is the older one of two types which were fitted. Part number;
8748 300 4170.

Just my luck eh. :cry:

I always recommend the worcester fixed price repair to my customers. Can't beat it I think ;)

Yes , there are 2 types for this particular Worcester Bosch.

Dave, I found the problem and it was a relay component on the pcb Mate.

By applying pressure to it, with an insulated screwdriver, the fan was able to cut in and the constant ignitor attemps resulted in fire up .

Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back