Worcester-Bosch Losing Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have been adding and replacing radiators throughout the year. Everytime I have refilled the system the boiler slowly loses pressure and each time it seems to get worse, i.e. losing pressure more quickly. I did let the pressure spike by accident ealier in the year and the PRV blew. There are no leaks in the circuit. This morning I noticed water is dripping from the boiler drain. Any ideas what might be wrong? It's not the PRV leaking as this leaks into the kitchen when it's open.

The boiler is a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar HE 35 Plus.

Thanks
Tim.

Sponsored Links
Looked at diagram for boiler. It seems the only part that is connected to the drain in the condensate trap which is connected to the flue. If I am getting water leaking does this mean I have a leak from the combustion chamber/heat exchanger?

Thanks
Tim

if the boiler is off and you are getting water dripping from the CD then yes it would seem you have a burst H/E. you should be able to see the level rise in the syphon if it's leaking fast enough.

the large square looking H/E's are reasonably common for this. don't think i have seen it on the round H/E's yet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back