Worcester Combi 280 RSF Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help me please? My hot water runs cold after a few minutes, then reheats only to run cold again, this keeps repeating itself.

1/ Could the Heat Exchanger be scaled up?

2/ Which Exchanger gas to water or water to water?

3/ Is this a costly job to fix?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
2 things to chk,,,,1 is the diverter valve passing to rads when hot water is demanded,with the boiler cold turn on hot tap and run water +chk temp of rad iator flow pipe,,if it gets hot your diverter valve is passing +and will need overhauling and or replacing...2 when hot water drawn off watch burner thru sight glass if the burner goes to high flame then modulates down and cuts off rapidly (ie within 20 to 30 secs )your water to water exchanger /calorifier is scaled... although if your in bath and u dont have any scale protection fitted then it will be scaled,,,ive changed hundreds over the yrs in that area for bgs

anotherbgeng - you a technical, installation or service engineer then?

email me

sorry for hijack brook

Thanks Anotherbgeng,

Im 90% sure that the problem is the scaled up heat exchanger. Your comments regarding scale protection, can this be done when I have the Heat exchanger Changed?

Regrads

Sponsored Links
combimate cost about £100 plus fitting b4 u ask lol

bster ,,, i think from my technical ability i may not be an installation eng nor a service eng .. therefore with out giving my identitiy away i could be technical :)lol

anotherbgeng: wrote

bster ,,, i think from my technical ability i may not be an installation eng nor a service eng .. therefore with out giving my identitiy away i could be technical :)lol

so installation and service guys are devoid of tech ability :LOL:

email me i have some questions ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back