Worcester Combi Boiler leaking from Bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate any help on this guys. Noticed the boiler is leaking at the bottom from the rear left hand side. Pics attached for info, and I've highlighted where the water drops are travelling from. For information this leak does not affect the water pressure, haven't had to top up since this has happened. I did test the gauge its still working.

I'm awaiting someone to come and have a look but in the meantime just to get an idea myself, does anyone know what likely problem could be? Was told via whats app analysis that its the manifold and a circa £300+ fix...

Would be useful if anyone can confirm this or advise what cause maybe and options for fixing. Boiler is well over ten years old and only thing that's ever failed on it is the pump, but at the price above I'm wondering if its time for a new boiler..:cry:

20240403_142846.jpg
20240403_142743.jpg
20240403_142811.jpg
20240403_143407.jpg

Sponsored Links
Could be the manifold , could be flow turbine adaptor ( cheaper fix ) without getting some one in you won't know unfortunately. Worcester do something called a one off repair which I believe is around £290 . They will replace any parts required within the boiler for that price so it may be worth calling them instead

10 years seems to me to be a very short life for a boiler - you really shouldn't be needing to replace it yet.

Unfortunately we can’t tell just from those pictures, and I doubt the WhatsApp diagnosis is accurate. Just wait for your engineer.

Sponsored Links
Cheers all, agree ten years is short. Though I do think this is a fair bit older, it had a sticker on it from manufacturer which still said 'Corgi'!

Probably the return manifold needs replacing. Make sure the pressure relief valve and the turbine adaptor are replaced as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back