worcester greenstar 30si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester greenstar 30si, and the only way i can get the house to an acceptable temperature (above 20C) is to have the central heating temp control all the way round to between 6 and max. I know this depends on the size of house and number of rads etc, ( a smallish 3 bed semi), however my bro-in-law has a larger house and the same boiler and only needs his setting to about mid way to heat the house. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
your boiler will run more efficiently between 6 and max. ;) ;)

Excuse my ignorance, is this setting the amount of gas being burnt or the pump setting? Basically I was under the impression that a higher setting would be costing me more. I am quite the noob at this sort of thing. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Excuse my ignorance, is this setting the amount of gas being burnt or the pump setting? Basically I was under the impression that a higher setting would be costing me more. I am quite the noob at this sort of thing. Thanks

When the boiler thermostat,, which I take is what you mean, is on its higher setting, The boiler will run more efficiently and the house will be warmer. Yes, you will use more gas. But that is better than using less gas and shivering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back