zanussi fjs 1225w problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After realising the jetwash system was inop I removed and cleaned out both pumps and all pipework associated with these. I accomplished this by tipping the m/c on its back to gain access the pumps (dont know if this is correct method).after re-assembly programme will not start. the start button emits the normal bleep but the water inlet solenoid does not attempt to open. any help would be most appreciated. :oops: carried out further checks and it seems I have an error E51 but dont know what this relates to.

Sponsored Links
error 51 means, and i quote from tech manual "triac which controls motor is short circuited".
if that is the case and it's only happened after you tilted your machine, it's possible that you have got water into the cicuit board or onto the motor.
as always getting my hands on is much easier to diagnose, however a very simple try it your self solution may be to dry the motor with a hairdryer and also give a gentle blast to the circuit board.
that said in the good old days of diagnose the fault yourself, an engineer would suspect an open circuit either to or within the drain pump. as you have had this off you should doulble check that you reconnected it properl.
( usually water solenoids are wired through the drain pump, the logic being that it's pointless to fill the machine if the pump can't pump it out).
even if it is the triac you could source another for about 50p and solder it onto the board.

Kieth you are a top man.seems your diagnosis was spot on.tried washer today and ok looks like triac was damp and dried overnight,although I read somewhere on the net about a software reset,so tried this first and got into a bit of a tizz but eventually left to go thro' a mini cycle with "EOO" flashing on display .switched off and on again and worked since,even the jetwash system is working now. can you tell me how to get my hands on a technical manual as I'm an electrician who finds it frustrating that I can't find enough info to fix jobs that otherwise would be within my scope.cheers nick.

if this forum allows it i can send you a full manual for your machine. i have a licensed copy of Distriparts (electrolux group) sevice manuals etc on dvd. i'd gladly copy the appropriate docs for you. as long as no payment changes hands i don't think i'm in breach of my licence.
also thanks for the feed back.

Sponsored Links
Keith that would be greatly appreciated my e-mail address *****************if you would e-mail me then I would send my postal address. obviously I would cover any expenses incurred by yourself.thanks again for the advice, hopt to hear from you soon.Cheers nick

please note 13 which is here

it looks like we are not allowed to contact each other direct. if the moderator allows it my address is (removed)

please note 13 which is here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back