Zanussi jetsystem drum not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a 13 year old Zanussi FJS1597W washer that has given great service. I replaced the brushes a few years ago but it has needed zero attention apart from that.
Yesterday, whilst the wife was away, I noticed it seemed to have stuck mid programme, I checked the fluff filter and found the usual bra wire and a ton of nasty sludge. Having cleaning it all up I popped it back in and hey presto, all was well.
Until the next load when it jammed again. It pumps out but the drum isn't turning at any point in the cycle now. The last time I saw it spin it sounds fine and showed no signs of packing up so I don't suspect the motor. I have checked the pressure switches by blowing in them and they sound fine although I don't have a meter at home so couldn't check.
I don't mind replacing the machine after 13 years but it seems in such good condition other than that, and the new machines have a reputation for not lasting more than a couple of years so I am thinking of repairing.
Does anyone have any advice or similar experience? Could it be the prgrammer?
Thanks
Antony

Sponsored Links
Assuming the motor brushes are still ok,and there are no broken wires at the motor plug,have a look at the circuit board, back bottom right,there might be a dry joint.

So as I look at the circuit board from the front of the machine, do you mean the right corner furthest from the front? These joint look less well soldered than others. Will run the iron over them tomorrow after work ( iron is at my workshop!!)? And see what happens. Thanks for the quick response and advice
Antony

Sponsored Links
Never assume anything, check the brushes! Remember that new brushes never last as long as the original ones as there is greater friction on a worn commutator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back