Zanussi spin balance protection thingy

R

richtrace

Its that guy again with that pain in the arius Zanussi! is there anyone out there with a newish zanussi w/m? I just found out its got a off balance spin protector and when your waiting for a load to finish its annoying because it starts to spin, drum wobbles a bit and then it stops and tumbles to even the clothes, anyone else think the same?

And just what is this balance protection thing doing? :confused:

Sponsored Links
hot point have had that for a couple of years, its very good.

Imagine you have say just a sweatshirt in the m/c its all been washed, now spin time. As it spins it (the sweatshirt) will stick to one side (centrifugal force) this now makes the drum spin off centre.
as the drum spins faster and faster, so the effect becomes worse, the weight of the sweat shirt is pulling so much to one side (but as the drum is turning it pulls in all directions) this makes the m/c jump about all over the place, and some times this can be quite violent.

I have seen m/c break their own legs (internal), damage cupboards, breakdance, very violently all because they are out of balance.

now the out of balance sensor tells if it is out of balance and will try and redistribute the washing, but if it cant, it will not spin.

what would you prefer a violent m/c that can damage things or a wet sweat shirt?

hot point have had that for a couple of years, its very good.
Don't see the words Hotpoint and good in the same sentence very often!

Out of Balance load sensors are generally a good thing though some can be a bit oversensitive sometimes.

edited to correct "quote"

Sponsored Links
so I guess thats why the drum on my old candy machine had to be rebalanced then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back