How do I open up a Hotpoint WMA32?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to appliance DIY, so sorry if I am asking the obvious. :rolleyes:

I have managed to remove the top cover and can feel that the belt has come off the drum, it seems to be tangled up behind it.

My quesion is: how do I get at that part of the machine to remedy it?

I cannot afford to call someone out, so I am hoping some kind soul here can advise.

Kags.

Sponsored Links
unplug m/c use a torch and coat hanger, or pull m/c forward and tip it back and grab it from underneath

Thing is it is unusual for belt to come off (in one piece) there is usually something else that caused it, but get the belt out and let me know

Can you not take the back panel off the machine, if not there should be an access panel to get to the motor. sound like the belt has stretched or the adjuster bolt has come loose on the motor, i would get a new belt anyway. hope this helps ;)

racket said:
Can you not take the back panel off the machine, if not there should be an access panel to get to the motor.
No you cant. and the motor is at the top see here

Sponsored Links
racket said:
Can you not take the back panel off the machine, if not there should be an access panel to get to the motor. sound like the belt has stretched or the adjuster bolt has come loose on the motor, i would get a new belt anyway. hope this helps ;)

Racket,

I wish it were so simple :rolleyes: , thanks for your input tho'.

Kags. ;)

breezer said:
Thing is it is unusual for belt to come off (in one piece) there is usually something else that caused it, but get the belt out and let me know

Breezer,

Thanks for your help, I was afraid you would say that. :LOL:

I have done as you suggest, but even with my hand I cannot pull it out. I can feel small loops of belt, tangled around the casing, below the larger ring that I assume is where it should sit.

Is there no way to see the back of the drum? I cannot envisage another way to untangle it. There is no movement at all in the drum.

forgot to say, the motor on mine is at the bottom, I have removed a small panel from the rear at the bottom and can see the motor there

Regards,
Kags. ;)

the larger ring is called a pulley, but that is beside the point.
this may take some time.

Can you move the inner drum by hand?
(does it speen freely or just wont move at all)

Breezer,

Sorry for delay in posting, my 'puter is on the fritz too. It has been away for repairs by a friend. :rolleyes:

No, I cannot move the drum at all by hand. It is completely stuck.

Thanks for your continued help, I am not enjoying hand-washing at all. ;)

Kags.

sorry to hear about the pc.

now the bad news

the reaon the belt has come off and you cant move the drum is because you have overloaded the drum, and a sock has been pulled in between inner and outer drums.

(when i first started working for HP, i had this and had to go away and ask, then come back, i had to take the m/c apart to get it out, but experiance now tells me otherwise.

i will tell how i used to do it.

unplug m/c open door grab any two "paddles" of the inner drum and twist drum (left or right) this will free your jammed sock, tip m/c on its back remove filter (back of drum) shove a hooked coathaner up there and remove sock (you may have to turn drum to get sock to come to hole)

while you are there you can grab drive belt, oh and you will need a new belt as your one will be burnt through

Breezer,

You are a star. :LOL:

Thanks for that I will get on it tonight, when I get back from work.

I will let you know how I get on, and thanks for your patience with me. ;)

Kags. :cool:

hotpoint wma32
motor is on the bottom ...
once again a hotpoint. you proberly find its the bearings that have popped out and kicked the belt off..
the only way to do it is to remove the hole drum from the front. about 30 min job. the replace.
if you need a belt or bits let me know as i have had endless problems with the wma range.
simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back