Lady drives 220Km in 1st gear...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A woman rented a Citroen C4 in Budapest, she drove to Pécs.
Around 220km In 1st gear. Thought it was automatic, awfully slow to boot.
Insurance photo's of the engine and the bonnet.
http://www.cheebs.co.uk/images/Jokes/women/woman01.jpg
http://www.cheebs.co.uk/images/Jokes/women/woman02.jpg
http://www.cheebs.co.uk/images/Jokes/women/woman03.jpg
OhMyGawdwotHaveYouDone :eek: :eek: :eek:
woman04.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Yet she'll still argue that woman are better drivers than men!!!!

was the 220 to where she was goin, or to where it broke down?!

what speeds was she doin? and did she not get the hint it was a manual by the gear stick and that the rev counter would have been spinnin round

andy said:

what speeds was she doin? and did she not get the hint it was a manual by the gear stick and that the rev counter would have been spinnin round

I'll save you the bother of reading the first post.. ;) Blimey, that's what you like saying to people .. funny that ain't it? 'kettles and saucepans' again ...
Around 220km In 1st gear. Thought it was automatic, awfully slow to boot. Insurance photo's of the engine and the bonnet.
:D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Now, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a clutch pedal-free manual. So she wouldn't have been alerted by the presence of a clutch pedal or the kangarooing that would no doubt ensue with a normal manual.

I will also give her a very strained benefit that putting an automatic gear selector at "1" would, by convention, lock it to first gear anyway (although I've never seen one with "1").

But, I shudder to think that someone could get even to the end of the road without thinking "Hmmm, there is a gearbox fault, this auto has locked in 1st gear", or even get to the main road and think "This car doesn't go above 30mph, there MUST be something wrong with it"! :eek:

220km in 1st gear in a typical hatchback like the C4 would take around 4-4:30 hours, assuming you spend the entire time bouncing off the rev limiter. :LOL:

I am thinking someone is putting a 'spin' on an engine bay fire ... :D :D

Few years back golfing in portugal, mate driving 3rd gear 80mphfor a lot of miles, could smell burning, he was convinced he was in 5th.
We got a replacement car.

empip said:
andy said:

I'll save you the bother of reading the first post.. ;) Blimey, that's what you like saying to people .. funny that ain't it? 'kettles and saucepans' again ...
Around 220km In 1st gear. Thought it was automatic, awfully slow to boot. Insurance photo's of the engine and the bonnet.
:D :D :D :D

that still doesnt answer my question of what speed she was doin.

Andy said:
what speeds was she doin?
Around 220km In 1st gear
It appears she arrived at her destination .. If flat in 1st ... not very fast probably not much difference in most cars of similar size engine.. I would guess ... useless info on all that.

Ah but, that's the unconfirmed 'report', I am not totally sold... Could very well have been merely an underbonnet fire... The pix seem to show the results of exposure to naked flames.. but then I am no expert onthat.

A little anecdote from Michael Parkinson... He related how he had asked his wife to drive their brand new Jag back from London (heading 'up North') and to not exceed 50 or 60 MPH ( not sure between the two ) Anyhow, the car was hot spurting coolant etc on arrival.... he ascertains she was having an odd glance at the Rev counter as opposed to speedo... on the open roads she had encountered ... Another spinner or true .. who knows ? Go on, or f'kin cares ... We know that ! :D :D :D :D

I think this is a tall tale. Car's have rev limiters and I cannot believe, unless she was deaf and a complete ****** that she drove 100 miles in first gear.

You don't say ??
C r ap car anyway...
:D :D

so it got hot and melted everything?

Weird..i drive round on the limiter all day :LOL: and mines fine

dan the man said:
so it got hot and melted everything?

Weird..i drive round on the limiter all day :LOL: and mines fine

she obviously didnt check the water....

Sorry but its an urban legend ....saw it on a site a few months ago ....it was like someone suggested just an engine bay fire.

regards.

Sponsored Links
Back