£ 35 PER HOUR LABOUR COST !!!!!

£35 an Hour is average outside London, however it is a LOT more than Electricians Charge and we regularly get accused of earning the most.

I actually have to EARN £22.67 an Hour just to break even (including my wages), so to make a profit I HAVE to charge more than that.

Sponsored Links
Also there is the longterm view of the limit on what you can earn.

In a profession, you get paid considerably more if you have more experience. In a trade, you can only get paid what people are prepared to pay. If a plumber decided "Right, I'm 50, I know everything about plumbing, at the top of my game, therefore I deserve £120K a year therefore I will charge £72 plus overheads and VAT per hour, let's call it £110 an hour", he will find himself chronically short on work.

However, in a professional job (by which I mean one who deals with paper more than plumbing, with the exception of urologists), if you work hard, have the right breaks, the sky is the limit.

Sponsored Links
my solicitor is 140 an hour + vat, my audi garage are 90 an hour + vat, my bank charge me 30 to send me a preprinted letter to tell me something I already know....overall I think you got a bargain, my 'mates rates' aren't much less than that!

thats it....tomorrow in goes an ad as a solicitor.......
they wont know an different...... take their (punters) money and run...and threaten them with court (and say big words) if they dont pay...

INFACT LETS CHARGE FOR THESE REPLIES..... :evil:

I have been employing a solicitor at £260 + vat for about 20 hours.

I have just done a job for ( another ) solicitor for about £15 per hour when travelling time is taken into account.

Surely £35 per hour on site is pretty cheap? I spent about FOUR hours unpaid travelling across London today.

Tony

king.module said:
securespark said:
I got a solicitor to make two phone calls.....

£352.50...and this is the total after I phoned him to insist he reduce his charges or else I would take him to court for excessive charges.

PMSL - threatening to take a solicitor to court and getting a result - that must be a first :rolleyes:

Nope!

Done it before when a solicitor client took ages to pay bill - it worked then, too!!

I recently had to relace warped plasterboard and redec after a cylinder leak. The woman said the chap was very quick and only took 3 hrs (including getting cylinder)
She showed me the bill £785.00 :eek: mind you thet does include the vat :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back